The unauthorized and outrageous supplement to everything you thought you knew about art, sex, business, crime, science, medicine and other fields of human knowledge.|
Did you know:
- That the 1949 Nobel Prize for Medicine went to a man who performed lobotomies...with a household ice pick?
- That Pocahontas was a spokesperson for the tobacco industry?
- That Pope Leo XIII appaeared in an advertisement for cocaine-laced wine in the 1880s?
- That the first pediatric guide written in the United States recommended that expectant mothers breastfeed puppies?
- That Thomas Edison secretly helped develop the electric chair in a scheme to have the lethal machine named after his archrival, George Westinghouse?
- That Cleopatra was ugly as sin?